Shopping around for mulch in Central Florida may seem easy enough, but like most home improvement projects, there are several types on the market. Ranging from different sizes, colors, and textures to bring beauty to your home. But not all mulch is the same, quality matters. So, before rushing out and purchasing mulch, get the maximum benefits with these advantages.
1. Don’t forget about the all the benefits mulch has to offer. From retaining moisture, minimizing erosion, preventing weeds from growing, and insulating pant roots. Which is why experts recommend applying mulch in the fall, before the soil gets cold.
2. Only purchase mulch from a trusted supplier. Mulch that is allowed to sour, either from improper storage practices or age, it can sour. This can end up damaging your plants and ruin all your hard work.
3. You may want to remove any old mulch, especially if it has been there for a few years.
4. For eye catching curb appeal use a colored mulch. Think about how the mulch will look with your plants. A dark mulch will complement colorful plants, while a red mulch provides a beautiful accent with lush green plants.
5. Not too much or too little. You want to take advantage of all the benefits. For most flower beds and gardens, a three inch application is best. You don’t want to smother them or for weeds to grow through.
6. Don’t forget to mulch around shrubs or trees. Not only give your landscape that professional feel, mulch retains moisture, helps insulate roots, and slowly releases vital nutrients
If you’re looking for mulch for your next landscaping project, there are a variety to choose from. From organic mulch, such as pine bark and cypress, to inorganic such as river rock, granite, and marble chips. Each one can make a significant impact on not only the landscape’s appearance, but also on the budget.
If you have any questions or need assistance finding the right mulch for your garden, contact Reliable Peat. We are conveniently located in Winter Garden and Lake County.